NUHS to offer free health tips, classes and demonstrations at Healthy Kids Open House
Apr 27, 2017 09:43AM ● Published by Ben Scott
Ill. -- National University of Health Sciences will host its first annual
Healthy Kids Open House May 13 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at its Lombard campus.
The fit, fun and free event is aimed at parents interested in learning and exploring natural approaches to keep their children in optimal health. Throughout the day, our naturopathic, chiropractic and oriental medicine experts will host activities, classes and demonstrations for both children and adults to enjoy.
“Our staff and experts have planned a fun-filled event that will keep children engaged and interested in healthy living,” said Dr. Fraser Smith, assistant dean for naturopathic medicine program at National University. “Adults and children alike can expect to learn many natural health practices they can easily add into their daily routines.”
The event will include informative talks on:
· Natural first aid
· Healthy eating
· Hydration practices
· Best brain nutrients for kids
· And many other great parenting tips
Free kid-friendly interactive classes in:
· Tai-chi - This safe form of energy movement and soft exercise can encourage coordination and concentration
· Yoga – Various simple postures along with focused breathing can help keep kids calm and relaxed
Live demonstrations of:
· Hydrotherapy techniques – Witness the healing power of water in our brand new hydrotherapy suite
· Cupping therapy – Popular among Olympic swimmers, see how this ancient science can be used to treat a variety of ailments
· Posture analysis – Learn how to spot poor posture habits early in your kids
· Diagnostic imaging – Discover the joint and muscle ailments common among children with our advanced imaging technology
Families are invited to tour the integrative NUHS Whole Health Center clinic with chiropractic, naturopathic, oriental medicine, and acupuncture facilities as well as DuPage County’s largest nutritional and botanical dispensary. Several local vendors will be on hand to discuss health services they provide to the local community. The event will also feature games, prizes, free health snacks, family portraits, giveaways and more!
For more information and a complete schedule of events, visit nuhs.edu/healthykids.