Holiday Crunch-Time Recipes
Oct 31, 2016 03:32AM
● By Family Features
The holiday season is here, and with it comes the promise of family gatherings and delicious meals. To guarantee everyone walks away happy and full, it’s important to make sure those meals have a little something for everyone, from the dedicated traditionalist to the flavor adventurer.
Whether you’re hosting or just in charge of bringing a family favorite to the table, French’s Crispy Fried Onions have been adding the perfect crunch to traditional holiday meals for decades, so they’re a must-have on your shopping list. Plus, your purchase this holiday season will help provide 1 million family meals through Feeding America.
They’re also an essential ingredient for Green Bean Casserole – a tried-and-true dish that’s a mainstay of any holiday food spread. It’s easy to see why: A creamy mushroom sauce meets tender green beans and an irresistibly crunchy top layer.
Part of the fun is also giving old classics new life. The perfect way to add a little kick in a recipe, French’s Crispy Jalapenos are also great as a snack or on top.
Put them to the test by putting something new on your family’s table: a plate of Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs. From the savory bacon to the sweet relish and the spicy crunch, there are so many reasons why it’s impossible to have just one.
For more holiday recipe inspiration, visit Pinterest.com/frenchsfoods.
Green Bean Casserole
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups cooked cut green beans or 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) green beans, drained
- 1 1/3 cups French’s Crispy Fried Onions, divided
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In 1 1/2-quart baking dish, mix soup, milk and pepper. Stir in beans and 2/3 cup onions.
- Bake 30 minutes or until hot. Stir.
- Top with remaining onions. Bake 5 minutes until onions are golden.
Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard cooked eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons French’s Classic Yellow Mustard or Classic Yellow Spicy Mustard
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon, plus additional for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup French’s Crispy Jalapenos, crushed, plus additional for garnish
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
- Remove egg yolks, reserving egg whites.
- In small bowl, lightly mash egg yolks. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon or pipe mixture into egg whites. Garnish with additional bacon and crispy jalapenos.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.