Give Thanks to the Slow Cooker
Oct 28, 2016 03:31AM
● By Family Features
This year, skip the overloaded oven and put your slow cooker to good use with these seven recipes. Classic sides and desserts can be slow-cooked to perfection, delivering the nostalgic flavors and aromas of your childhood Thanksgiving with less fuss.
- Slow Cooker Sausage Stuffing – Italian sausage, sage and rosemary combine in the slow cooker with French bread for a flavorful, aromatic stuffing.
- Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows – A clever version of a beloved favorite. Cook sweet potatoes in the slow cooker with cinnamon and nutmeg then mash and top with mini marshmallows.
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce – Made with just five ingredients, a slow cooker full of cranberries is infused with sugar, cinnamon, bay leaves and an orange.
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn with Ricotta, Rosemary and Bacon – This hearty side combines sweet corn, rich ricotta cheese and bacon with a blend of rosemary, thyme, paprika and onion powder. Add a touch of cayenne pepper for a kick of heat.
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Pecan Pie Cake – Chocolate cake, infused with cinnamon and vanilla, provides the base for a sweet and crunchy pecan pie topping. Top it with ice cream for some melty goodness.
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Sauce – Chocolate chip pumpkin-spiced cake is topped with a sticky caramel sauce for an ooey-gooey, decadent dessert.
- Slow Cooker Oatmeal Apple Cobbler – Celebrate the flavors of the season with fresh apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and oats, creating a nostalgic cobbler right from the slow cooker.