African Culture coming to Cantigny July 30-31
Jul 20, 2016 10:16AM ● Published by Neighbors Magazines
Nicknamed “panafest,” this first-time event for Cantigny showcases the rich and diverse cultural heritage of the African continent. Featured attractions will include culinary arts and cuisine, music, dance, retail marketplace and displays. Festival entry is included with parking ($10 per car).
Panafest 2016 highlights include:
- Taste of Africa, featuring authentic food and drink from multiple African nations with distinct cultures
- Performances by North Africa Dance Experience, Ethiopian Dancers and the Sankofa Dance Ensemble
- Live music by Tarek Geraboutu (Algeria), Joe B (Liberia), Alpha Diallo (Guinea) and the Sankofa Music Ensemble
- Wine tasting from South African vineyards
- Festival marketplace with handcrafted fabrics, jewelry and art
- “What do you know about Africa?” quiz competition for prizes
- Interactive musical and dance opportunities for children and families
- Additional activities, attractions and cultural displays
For additional festival details, including performance times, please visit panafest.net. More information about Sankofa Group is online at sankofafoundationinc.net.