Message from the Mayor of Darien
May 26, 2015 11:46AM
● By Katelyn Nelson
I want thank everyone who exercised their right to vote
in the local April elections. I am honored to serve the
residents and business community another four years. The
city council and I pledge to continue the open, honest, and transparent city government
that the residents and business have come to expect and deserve.
May brings about the new fiscal year for the city. The city council unanimously
approved its budget for the fiscal year May 1, 2015, to April 30, 2016. In summary,
the budget includes no city property tax increase and no water rate increase. Other
• Continues current core services provided by the city.
• Continues to provide residents a permit fee waiver on building permit fees.
• Includes the replacement of 300 Ash trees that were removed due to
Emerald Ash Borer.
• Includes a road maintenance program of 4.5 miles and allows for additional road
base repair as needed.
• Includes approximately $1,400,000 in various storm water drainage improvements.
• Estimates revenues sufficient to continue capital projects over the three year
• Continues concrete and road crack sealing maintenance program.
• Includes funds to enhance street lights along 75th St.
If you have any questions regarding the city’s budget please contact Bryon Vana,
City Administrator at 630-353-8114 or email@example.com
City of Darien